Russell School

Location

Hadley, MA

Status

on-going

Team

  • Allegrone Companies

Photography

Historic images, Meg Steere


Located in Hadley’s Town Center Historic District, The Russell School was built in 1894 as the Hopkins Academy. From 1909 to 1996, the Italianate building served as the home of the town’s elementary and middle school, educating generations of Hadley youth. It has been vacant since 2015.

Like many public buildings throughout the Commonwealth, the highly visible historic building is in need of a solid plan and funding sources.

AHF has partnered with the Allegrone Companies to conduct an updated feasibility study to help inform decisions related to the historic building’s future.